We are expecting very icy conditions and the following services may be affected:
Bin collections: Please put your bins out for collection. Our crews will be collecting from roads where it is safe to do so. If your bins do not get collected, please leave them on the boundary of your property and we will collect them as soon as conditions allow.
If your neighbours' bins were collected on Monday 11 December and yours were not, please report this as a missed bin collection and we will try to collect them as soon as possible.
To keep up to date with changes to your bin collections, please sign up to our waste text alerts service or check our website, Facebook or Twitter account.
Car parks: Carriageways may be icy. Please drive with caution.
When there is snow or heavy frost we will try to treat the carriageways in:
- Berkhamsted: Lower Kings Road, St John's Well Lane and Water Lane.
- Hemel Hempstead: High Street, Moor End Road, Queensway, Water Gardens (South) and Water Gardens (North) upper deck only.
- Tring: Frogmore Street (East) and The Forge
Gritting will only melt snow or ice once vehicles have driven over the treated area. Gritting will not clear snowdrifts.
Council housing repairs:
- Osborne: Attending appointments and will advise any residents if they are not able to access roads and reschedule.
- Sun Realm: Attending boiler servicing appointments and breakdowns as normal, but some areas are taking longer to get to.
Pest Control: Our team will be making visits where access allows.
Cemetries: Vehicles and pedestrians should take care on pathways and roads as there will be snow and ice.
We will update this page with more information as it becomes available.
For information about highways, gritting and travel disruption, visit Hertfordshire County Council's website.
For more information about how severe weather affects our services, please visit our severe weather advice page.