Bring your real Christmas tree to one of our Christmas tree-chipping points on Sunday 5 January 2020 so it can be turned into plant bedding:
Berkhamsted: Water Lane Car Park (behind Tesco Store), HP4 3AP
8.30am - 3pm
- Hemel Hempstead: Dacorum Borough Council, Cupid Green Depot, HP2 7BA
8.30am - 3pm
- Tring: Tring Garden Centre, HP23 5HF
10.30am - 4.30pm
If you'd like your Christmas tree chippings back to use against weeds in your garden, please remember to bring your own bag. Any unclaimed chippings will be made into compost.
Missed the date?
You can cut your tree into pieces and store it in your green bin until collections start again in spring.
Trees can also be recycled at the Household Waste Recycling Centre on Eastman Way, Hemel Hempstead or Northbridge Road, Berkhamsted. Trees left at any other recycling sites will be treated as fly-tipping and you could be prosecuted.
Can’t get your tree to a recycling site?
Local Scout groups in certain areas are offering to collect trees from your home for a minimum donation. For a collection from:
- Hemel Hempstead, Kings Langley and Bovingdon, please leave a message on 07778 418352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Berkhamsted, Gossoms End and Northchurch please visit 1st Berkhamsted, Gossoms End and Northchurch Scout Groups' website.
- Tring, Aldbury, Wigginton and Hastoe, please leave a message on 07847 347519 or email email@example.com.
- Potten End or Frithsden, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wilstone, Long Marston and Gubblecote, please email email@example.com .
(All Scout groups must show a Dacorum Borough Council issued permit and valid ID on the day in order to dispose of more than five Christmas trees at our sites. If you are a new Scout group that needs to register for a free permit with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 2 January at the latest. If you do not provide a permit, along with valid ID, you will be turned away and will be unable to drop off your trees.)
For more information on recycling this Christmas, visit our Christmas recycling page.