Since November 2021, we have been working in partnership with District Enforcement. A company that specialises in enviro-crime enforcement, to issue Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN) to those seen littering, failing to clear up after their dog or breaching
the borough’s Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPOs).
We would like to make residents aware that any non-cooperation with these officers can put these persons at risk of being arrested by police or of committing further offences.
This could result in prosecution for both failing to give details or misleading details as well as the original offence. Police have been made aware and are working with District Enforcement where necessary to ensure that details are given correctly.
As a reminder:
- All officers operating within Dacorum have been screened and vetted. Officers have received intensive training and receive ongoing professional development to ensure high standards required by ourselves are met.
- Officers wear a smart blue and black uniform and display both the Dacorum Borough Council and District Enforcement logos embroidered into the uniform as seen in the photo.
- They are equipped with body-worn cameras, which ensures footage of every interaction between officers and members of the public are recorded.
- These officers also carry picture ID badges and paperwork proving they are authorised to work on behalf of ourselves.
- They will always make themselves known and identify themselves when interacting with residents and members of the public. Any ID verification can be quickly checked by calling 01442 228000/228455.
- District Enforcement officers never ask for payment on the spot. They will advise payment can be made online via the website or by telephone, Payzone or at the Post Office.
You can find more information about District Enforcement and our policy of issuing Fixed Penalty Notices on our District Enforcement page or find out more about our Public Spaces Protection Orders.