On Friday 8 July 2022, the Birmingham 2022 Queen’s Baton Relay will be visiting Hemel Hempstead as it continues on its journey to the host city of Birmingham, for the Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games on 28 July 2022.
The Queen’s Baton Relay will start at the Rainbow Stage in the town centre at around 6pm. It will pass through the Water Gardens and Old Town, arriving in Gadebridge Park at around 6.30pm to join in the celebrations, before continuing on the next
leg of its journey.
Members of the public are encouraged to get involved with the celebrations and embrace the arrival of the Baton, taking the opportunity to experience the buzz of Birmingham 2022 in their community.
To celebrate the Baton Relay, we're holding a wellness festival, in partnership with Hemel Hempstead BID, in Gadebridge Park between 3.30pm and 7.30pm.
There will be lots of free activities and entertainment for all the family on offer including:
- Demonstrations from local sports groups
- Local singing and dancing groups
- Sports activities to try - including tennis competitions and sessions with Everyone Active and Viking Fitness
- Wellbeing sessions - including mindfulness and yoga
- Children’s entertainment - including face painting, bubble fun, arts and crafts and a circus workshop.
There will be food stalls in the park to grab a snack or some refreshments. Additional toilet facilities will also be provided in the park during the festival.
Further details about the Queen’s Baton Relay, temporary road closures along the route and the wellness festival in Gadebridge Park are available on our website.
For further information about the Queens’s Baton Relay visit the Birmingham 2022 website.