We are currently experiencing technical issues with our telephone systems, please bear with us while we fix this.
Tenants wishing to report a repair can still use the free phone number 0800 0186050. Thank you.×


Universal Credit

Universal Credit has started to replace Housing Benefit for some working age claimants. Visit the Universal Credit information page to find out if you need to claim Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit.

How long will my claim take?

If you have handed in a new claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support today, it will take about two weeks for us to calculate your benefit or write to you if we need some more information.

If you have told us about a change in your circumstances today, it will take about two weeks for us to calculate your benefit or write to you if we need some more information.

Benefit cap

The Government has introduced a limit on the total amount of benefit that most working age people can get. For more information, please visit www.gov.uk/benefit-cap.

Electronic communications order

So that we can accept reports of changes in circumstances over the internet, the benefit rules require the Chief Executive to make a formal direction to allow this. View  the full text of the direction (PDF 286 KB)