Find information on the latest consultations to take part in.
Addressing dog-related issues in Dacorum
We're currently consulting on a proposed Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) for the whole of Dacorum.
We're working with our partners to continue to develop safe and healthy communities where everyone feels safe and free from anti-social behaviour.
In summary, it's proposed that:
- Dogs are prohibited from enclosed children's play areas
- Dogs must be put on a lead if requested by an authorised officer
- All dog faeces should be removed
- A person in charge of a dog should have appropriate means with them to remove dog faeces from the land.
How to comment
To have your say, please follow the link below. The deadline for responses is midnight on Friday 14 September 2018.
Complete the survey now
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions (below), as it will help explain what a PSPO is and how it can help address anti-social behaviour in our public spaces. We've also produced maps relating to the PSPO areas.
You can request a paper survey by emailing email@example.com or by writing to Public Space Protection Order consultation, Environmental and Community Protection, The Forum, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 1DN.
Revitalising the River Gade, Gadebridge Park
We’d like your thoughts on proposals to improve the River Gade in Gadebridge Park. We're working with the Environment Agency and Affinity Water on plans to improve the river for wildlife, protect water resources, as well as making it easier for local residents and visitors to get closer to the river and enjoy nature. Please view the Gadebridge Park river restoration - indicative landscape plan (PDF 3MB).
Our objectives include:
- improving the river and adjacent parkland for wildlife
- making it easier for residents and visitors to access the river and enjoy nature
- protecting water resources from the effects of drought and climate change
- reconnecting the river to its floodplain to reduce the impact of flooding
Improvements being considered include:
- altering the course of the Gade to increase water flow and help brown trout, plants and insects flourish
- reconnecting the Gade with its floodplain, to allow water to disperse more quickly after heavy rain
- new footpaths along the river and crossing points to make access easier
- environmental improvements, such as creating new wetland habitats
Find out more and have your say
The deadline for making comments is Sunday 30 September.
Have your say
Want to give us your views on a range of council issues? Join our online consultation group.
Our email group is designed to be flexible and convenient to you. Once you join, you'll be invited to take part in online consultations. You won’t have to participate in every consultation – only the ones that you feel relevant to you or would like to give us your opinion about.
To join you must be aged 16 or over, live in Dacorum and be able to complete our surveys online.