Public Participation at Cabinet Meeting
Councillors who sit on the Dacorum Borough Council are elected by voters in the Borough to decide on a range of issues on behalf of residents.
The Council's Cabinet has seven senior Councillors who meet every month to make key decisions. Each Member has his or her own special area of responsibility (their 'portfolio').
Every now and then, there may be an issue which you feel strongly about and want the chance to talk to Councillors about. You can talk directly to the Councillor elected to represent you, but you can also address Councillors at their meetings.
The Cabinet meet every month. A list of these dates can be found on our key dates page.
There are some rules to make sure that as many people as possible can be heard fairly. You need to let us know in advance if you want to speak. There are limits on how much of each meeting can be taken up with people having their say and how long each person can speak for.
- At the meeting the time allotted per speaker is 2 minutes with a total time available for people to speak of 15 minutes. If you wish to speak, we need to know in writing by noon the day before the meeting.
- Questions and statements should be relevant to the work of that meeting. We need an outline of what you want to say so that we can check that it is relevant.
- The questioner may not ask a question if it is substantially the same as a question which has been put at a meeting of the Cabinet in the past six months.
- Every statement or question will be answered without discussion and the Chairman may decline to answer.
- Every person must maintain respect for the Members and the meeting.
- Every person must, after making a statement or asking a question, take their seat to listen to the reply or, if they wish, join the public for the rest of the meeting or leave the meeting.
To register to speak, please complete and submit a form by clicking the link below or email your name, address, telephone number and details of the comment or question you wish to raise.
The information must be in the committee administrator's possession before noon on the working day before the date of the meeting.
If you are going to speak, please remember:
- Check the date, time and venue
- Turn up 5 minutes early
- Do not smoke
- Ask someone to let the committee administrator know you are there
- Speak clearly and concisely when you are talking to the meeting
For further information regarding public participation at Cabinet, please telephone: (01442) 228222 or email email@example.com