Community Champion Award 2018
Our Community Champion Award scheme - which recognises the spirit of individuals and community groups who work on a voluntary basis to make their community cleaner, safer and greener - is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year.
Are you, or do you know, an individual or a group that is deserving of this recognition and needs to be nominated?
There are plenty of activities that could help you scoop the award, such as:
- litter picking in your area
- helping others to recycle right
- conservation work
- creating a community green space by planting trees/flower beds
- setting up a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
The list is endless. The award scheme is open to all ages and no activity is too big or too small. Take a look at our previous winners.
How to enter
It’s easy to nominate - simply complete the online form below. The closing date for entries is midnight on Monday 27 August 2018.
There will be two winners - one in the individual category and one in the group category. Each winner will receive a Clean, Safe and Green Community Award 2018 engraved trophy and will have their profile included in the next edition of the Dacorum Digest magazine and on our website.
We also give certificates for the individuals and groups who are highly commended, and they will also feature on our website.
Terms and conditions
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Monday 27 August 2018.
- The activity being entered must have been carried out in the Borough of Dacorum.
- You must live in the Borough of Dacorum to be eligible to receive the award.
- The activities being put forward must have been carried out between August 2017 and August 2018.
- Activities carried out must have been undertaken in your own free time and be unpaid.
- The activity must incorporate or relate to at least one or all of the following elements: making the community cleaner, safer and/or greener.
- If nominating someone else for the award, you must get the consent of the person you are nominating.
- If nominating someone else for the award, you must ensure they have agreed to take part in publicity events for the award. (such as photos for the media and a profile of the activity in the Dacorum Digest magazine).
- To be eligible to receive the award you must agree to take part in publicity events for the award. (such as photos for the media and a profile of your activity in the Dacorum Digest magazine). If you refuse to take part in any publicity following the award draw, we reserve the right to redraw the winner.
- Our decision on the winner is final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or any other causes outside of our control.