Community Champion Award 2017
We're once again on the lookout for a Community Champion - community groups and individuals who volunteer their time to make their community a cleaner, safer and greener place to live, work and play.
Are you, or do you know, an individual or a group of volunteers that is deserving of this
recognition and needs to be nominated?
The reasons for entering are endless and might include activities such as:
- litter picking in your area
- helping others to recycle right
- creating a community garden
- setting up a Neighbourhood Watch scheme
- tree planting
The award scheme - which is now in its ninth year - is open to all ages and no activity is too big or too small.
Just take a look at our previous winners.
There will be two winners - one for the individual category and another for the group category. Each winner will receive a 'Clean, Safe and Green Community Award 2017' engraved trophy and will have their profile included in the next edition of our Dacorum Digest magazine and on our website.
We also give certificates to individuals and groups who are highly commended, and they will also feature on our website.
How to enter
If you know someone that deserves recognition for the hard work they do in making their community cleaner, safer and greener, then nominate them now. It’s easy to put someone forward - simply complete this nomination form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Champion Award - Nomination Form 2017
Postal entries can be sent to Melanie Parr, Dacorum Borough Council, Cupid Green Depot, Redbourn Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 7BA.
The closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 6 August 2017.
Winners will be notified by Friday 25 August 2017.
Terms and conditions
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 6 August 2017.
- The activity being entered must have been carried out in the Borough of Dacorum.
- You must live in the Borough of Dacorum to be eligible to receive the award.
- The activities being put forward must have been carried out between August 2016 and August 2017.
- Activities carried out must have been undertaken in your own free time and be unpaid.
- The activity must incorporate or relate to at least one or all of the following elements: making the community cleaner, safer and/or greener.
- If nominating someone else for the award, you must get the consent of the person you are nominating.
- If nominating someone else for the award, you must ensure they have agreed to take part in the publicity events for the award. (such as photos for the media and a profile of the activity in Dacorum Digest magazine).
- To be eligible to receive the award you must agree to take part in the publicity events for the award. (such as photos for the media and a profile of your activity in Dacorum Digest magazine). If you refuse to take part in any publicity following the award draw, we reserve the right to redraw the winner.
- Our decision on the winner is final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or any other causes outside of its control.