Money advice

If you are a Dacorum Borough Council tenant struggling to manage your money and this is impacting on you and your home, you can speak to your Income Officer for advice. Just call 01442 228000 and either ask for your Income Officer by name, or simply say 'Housing Rent'.

If you are struggling financially, please see the list of organisations below that may be able to advise and support you. Visit our benefits page to see what help you may be entitled to.

We've also put together a cost of living page, with links to help and advice for residents and small businesses.

Expand all

Money advice contacts

Fraud and scams

We have produced a guide to help our tenants stay safe from scams and fraud.  Tenants' Handbook - Stay safe from scams (PDF 1MB).

Conflict resolution

We can also offer support if you are struggling because of difficult relationships with your family or friends. We may want to visit you in your home to see if we are able to work with you to resolve any issues. We may be able to help you and the people you live with to solve conflicts, or offer mediation services to help you find a solution.

Supported housing

If you are struggling to live independently, please see our options for supported housing and our Lifeline community alarm service.

More information

For more information about what we can do to help you stay in your own home, please download the leaflet  Helping you stay in your own home (PDF 407 KB) or call 01442 228000 and ask for 'Housing Options'.

warning signUK Parliamentary general election - Thursday 4 July: Find out how you can vote and what you need to bring with you. More information on our elections and voting pages.   ×

Page Last Updated: Wednesday, 21 December 2022 at 04:07 PM