Site allocations progress
The Site Allocations Development Plan document will allocate land for the main housing sites that will be built in the borough over the next 20 years. It will also allocate land for specific other proposals, such as for retail and employment uses. All proposals will be shown on the proposals map.
How far have we got?
What has been done
- Evidence base including a Schedule of Site Appraisals, updated in November 2008
- Issues and options consultations
First - Nov 2006
Supplementary - Nov 2008
Stakeholder Workshops (as for the Core Strategy)
- Initial strategic environmental assessment and sustainability appraisals
- Consultation report on site allocations (Oct 2010)
What lies ahead
- Evidence base work for the Core Strategy may throw up further issues
- Updating Schedule of Site Appraisals to include sites put forward since 2008.
- Publication of results of Gypsy and Traveller issues (raised in Nov 2008 consultation) and the Council's conclusions
- Updating of technical work, where necessary.
The Pre-submission Site Allocation document (the plan the Council wishes to take forward to Examination) is due to be published for comment in Spring 2014.
More information about this consultation will follow.