New Dacorum Local Plan (to 2040)
Dacorum Local Plan Revised Strategy for Growth (2024-2040) consultation
The consultation on the Dacorum Local Plan (2024-2040) Revised Strategy for Growth (PDF 4MB) ran between Monday 30 October 2023 and Monday 11 December 2023. Thank you to everyone who gave their views.
All comments, plus further information on the consultation, can be viewed on Let's Talk Dacorum. We are now considering the feedback received and will prepare a summary report for spring 2024.
We will publish a full Statement of Consultation with our responses to the comments and where changes have been made to the Plan documents and proposals, alongside the Publication version of the Local Plan (see below).
- Sustainability Appraisal (Interim SA Report) October 2023 (PDF 6MB)
- Sustainability Appraisal (Interim SA Report) Non-technical Summary October 2023 (PDF 2MB)
- Viability Update Main Report October 2023 (PDF 6MB)
- Viability Update Appendices October 2023 (PDF 4MB)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment September 2023 (PDF 7MB)
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Main Report October 2023 (PDF 1MB)
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Appendix A October 2023 (PDF 205KB)
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Appendix B October 2023 (PDF 9MB)
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Appendix C October 2023 (PDF 2MB)
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Interactive Map
- Hemel Garden Communities Position Statement October 2023 (PDF 5MB)
For more details on our evidence and technical studies previously undertaken, please visit our evidence base work for the new single Local Plan.
Please note: some of our PDF documents may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. If you require them in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you need.
Next steps - Publication version (Regulation 19)
We are continuing to prepare the Dacorum Local Plan for its next formal stage of consultation in late 2024. This will be the Publication version of the Plan. Following this final phase of consultation, we will prepare to submit the Local Plan to the Secretary of State by mid 2025, after which there will be a public examination. Full details of our timetable for preparing the new Local Plan can be found in our Local Development Scheme.
New Dacorum Local Plan overview
The new Dacorum Local Plan is where the big decisions on planning for the future of our communities and the borough will be made. A key role of the Local Plan is to establish the amount and location of new development in Dacorum over the next 16 years and to set out our approach to:
- Identifying where and when development should take place,
- Delivering a step change in housing growth,
- Supporting the local economy, employment and retail,
- Adapting to and mitigating a changing climate,
- Promoting high quality design of development,
- Conserving and enhancing the historic and natural environment, and
- Enabling the delivery of infrastructure.
Once adopted, the new Dacorum Local Plan will replace the Site Allocations Development Plan Document (2016), Core Strategy (2013) and ‘saved policies’ from the Dacorum Borough Local Plan (2004). We’re also working with our neighbouring authorities to develop a Joint Strategic Plan (JSP) for the South West Hertfordshire area. This will set out a strategic framework and shared priorities for five local authorities and Hertfordshire County Council, and help us jointly plan for new infrastructure to be delivered alongside new homes and jobs.
More informationPlease contact the Strategic Planning and Regeneration team if you have any questions or require further information:
Telephone: 01442 228000
Address: Strategic Planning and Regeneration Team, Dacorum Borough Council. The Forum, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. HP1 1DN