We are committed to creating thriving and prosperous communities across the borough. We aim to have a positive impact on where we live and work by delivering on the priorities of local residents and elected members. Our priorities are:
- A clean, safe and enjoyable environment
- Building strong and vibrant communities
- Ensuring economic growth and prosperity
- Providing good-quality affordable homes, in particular for those most in need
- Delivering an efficient and modern council.
Where we work
Based in the heart of Hemel Hempstead, we moved into The Forum in 2017. The new Council head office provides us with a modern work environment that we are proud to work in. The Forum is also home to Hemel Hempstead Library, the Register Office, Citizens Advice and Eat Lunch café, making it a great space for the whole community.
Who we are
We have a clear set of values that are fundamental to who we are and how we behave. These behaviours help us deliver on our priorities as well as guiding the recruitment and training of the staff who work for us.
- Take responsibility
- Work with others to deliver a great service
- Be positive
- Be reliable.
What we do
We have responsibility for keeping the borough clean, safe and green, manage a housing stock of over 10,000 homes and run all elections in Dacorum. Our wide remit means we employ for diverse and interesting roles across:
- planning, development and regeneration
- housing and homelessness
- environmental and regulatory services
- electoral and democratic services
- finance and resources
- performance, people and innovation
- youth and arts services.