Council Tax valuation bands

Most properties have to pay Council Tax and this includes houses, bungalows, flats, maisonettes, mobile homes or houseboats. Each property requires one bill whether it is owned or rented.

All dwellings are valued into one of eight bands according to the market capital value as at 1 April 1991.

The Valuation Office Agency values all properties for Council Tax purposes, not the council.

Your Council Tax bill states which band applies to your property.

Check my banding

If you think your banding is wrong, please see our appeals page for information about what you can do.

Once you know your Council Tax band, you can see the annual Council Tax liability on our main Council Tax page (see the "Council Tax charges section").

Page Last Updated: Friday, 27 August 2021 at 03:43 PM