Warning signCoronavirus (COVID-19): The Forum in Hemel Hempstead and civic offices in Tring and Berkhamsted are now closed to the public. Our online services remain available and we urge customers to use this facility. If your enquiry cannot be answered via our website, please email customer.services@dacorum.gov.uk or call 01442 228000. Please only contact us for essential/urgent enquiries. For council service updates and other advice, please see our COVID-19 page×

Request improvements or alterations to your council home

This form is for use by residents who are seeking our consent (as your landlord) for alterations or improvements to your home.

The type of work for which you require consent would typically include installations such as electric showers, replacement kitchens and bathrooms, conservatories and removal of larders.

If you have any pictures or plans of the proposed works, you should email these to housing@dacorum.gov.uk with your name, address and tenancy reference number.

Please try to complete as many fields of the form as possible.

Personal details

Improvement/alteration details

Type of property:

Please provide a brief description of the work.
Are you applying for permission for works already carried out? This is also called retrospective permission.

Is the work on, or directly adjacent to the boundary?

Are you applying for a Party Wall Notice (Party Wall etc. Act 1996)?

Who will be carrying out the proposed works?

Select a choice

How long do you expect the work to take?

Have you consulted any other council departments?

Select choices


This form is intended to register your intention to carry out work. Submission of this form does not imply that we have agreed to the works proceeding.

The form will be referred to your housing officer and housing building surveyor for consideration and you will receive a written response to your application.

By submitting this form you agree that all the information you supply is accurate.

Please type your full name