The Community Partnerships and Wellbeing team is committed to ensuring that Dacorum residents and communities have opportunities to thrive, improve their mental and physical wellbeing and come together to build resilience. Dacorum borough is an exciting and beautiful place to live, and the team wants to celebrate what is already happening, as well as support new and exciting activities and projects for residents and groups to get involved with.
Christmas events and light switch-ons 2021
- Saturday 20 November - Riverside Shopping Centre, The Marlowes Shopping Centre and Old Town High Street - 11am to 5.30pm
- Friday 26 November - Chaulden - 5pm for a 5.30pm lights switch-on - Chaulden Junior School Choir and the Mayor of Dacorum will be in attendance.
- Saturday 27 November - Warners End/Stoneycroft - 4pm for 4.30pm lights switch-on - Gobstoppers Glee Club will be in attendance.
- Saturday 27 November - Tring Christmas Festival - 3pm to 8pm
- Saturday 27 November - Bennetts End - 5pm - The lights will be switched-on by local resident Samaira Iqbal, who recently won BAFTA's Kids' Young Presenter Competition. This event will have a British Sign Language interpreter in attendance and Belswains Primary School choir will be performing.
- Sunday 28 November - Berkhamsted Festival of Light - 3.30pm
- Sunday 28 November - Bovingdon Christmas Lights and Street Fayre, organised by Bovingdon Parish Council - 4pm to 7pm
- Friday 3 December - Adeyfield - 5pm for 5.30pm lights switch-on in Queen's Square. Michele Davess from Pruden's Bakery will be switching the lights on to celebrate 25 years of working in Queen's Square. The Mayor of Dacorum will also be in attendance.
- Saturday 4 December - Gadebridge/Rossgate - 5pm. Santa and Sir Mike Penning, MP for Hemel Hempstead, will be in attendance, along with the Mayor of Dacorum.
- Saturday 4 December - Boxmoor - 4pm (opposite Boxmoor Village Stores, St John's Road). Organised by Boho Boxmoor with festive songs and music by Boxmoor and South Hill Primary Schools and Hemel Hempstead Brass Band.
- Grovehill - lights only (no switch-on event)
- Kings Langley - lights only (no switch-on event)
Active Dacorum is an initiative run by the Community Partnerships team. Our main focus areas are sport and physical activity, wellbeing and arts and culture. We provide opportunities for our residents through events, activities, community initiatives and much more.
The Healthy Hub Dacorum is a one-stop shop for residents, aiming to provide guidance on the services that will support your health and wellbeing needs. The hub will help people on a variety of issues, such as mental health, weight management, financial or housing advice and family conflict.
You can keep up to date with the latest news and events from the Healthy Hub by signing up to receive our email newsletter:
Sign up now
Grants and funding
The Community Grants scheme is aimed at community groups and voluntary organisations who are looking for funding to deliver projects to benefit Dacorum residents. In addition to Community Grants, we also support our local voluntary and community sector by signposting to other funding opportunities.
Supporting the voluntary sector
We commission several organisations to support the voluntary sector to benefit Dacorum residents - Citizens Advice Dacorum, Age UK Dacorum, Community Action Dacorum, Relate and Mediation Herts.
Supporting the Armed Forces
In 2011, we signed the Hertfordshire Community Covenant to demonstrate our commitment to providing our armed forces community with guidance and support when it is required. Support is shown for the armed forces at the annual Dacorum Armed Forces Day event in June, as well as through housing and information.
For general enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org