Struggling to pay your Council Tax

Get in touch

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, you should call us as soon as possible on 01442 228000.

We may be able to help by reducing your payments or arrange suitable payment plans for any balances you owe.

If you are on a low income, you should apply for Council Tax Support as soon as possible. This may reduce the amount of Council Tax you are liable to pay. To make a claim or for more information, please visit our Council Tax support page.

More help with money and financial advice

If you are having financial difficulties and need help managing debts or dealing with creditors, we recommend you seek independent advice. There are lots of organisations that can assist with financial and debt-related issues. Please see the contact details below:

Expand all

Income questionnaire

If we've contacted you recently and asked you to complete an income questionnaire, you can do so using the link below. Please note: you will need your eight-digit Council Tax reference number to complete this.

Fill out the income questionnaire

Page Last Updated: Wednesday, 27 March 2024 at 11:30 AM