Polling places review 2023
Every five years we are required to carry out a formal review of our polling scheme, which comprises the Polling Districts (individual registers), the Polling Place (building within the area where voting can take place), and its Polling Stations (the room/rooms where the actual voting takes place).
We have to review polling provision within the Parliamentary Constituencies - Dacorum currently sits within the Hemel Hempstead and South West Herts constituencies. However, as from the next parliamentary election, this will increase to three: Hemel Hempstead, South West Hertfordshire and Harpenden and Berkhamsted.
For the sake of this review of polling provision, we reviewed the whole of Dacorum.
The consultation period for this review has now closed.
The location of polling stations and the extent of the polling districts are available to view on our Local Information Map.
To view the current station locations and polling district boundaries on the map, please follow these steps:
- Click on the ‘What would you like to do’ menu in the top left-hand corner.
- Select 'Choose map layers' and click on ‘administrative area'.
- Tick 'polling districts' and 'polling stations'.
- Click/hover over the polling station box to get the address.
You should then reach a page similar to this one: Local Information Map example (PDF 1MB), with check marks against the polling stations and polling districts boxes in the left-hand margin.
Further information is available in our Notice of Polling District and Place Review 2023 (PDF 310KB).
We received four responses to the consultation (see below). These were reviewed by the Electoral Review Committee.
- Chipperfield Ward Councillor - regarding the proposed change of polling station in Chipperfield
- Chipperfield County Councillor - regarding the proposed change of polling station in Chipperfield
- Boxmoor Ward Councillor - regarding the proposed change of polling station in Boxmoor
- Nash Mills Parish Council - confirming no changes required as part of this review.
For more information, please view the Electoral Review Committee agenda and meeting documents.
The proposed changes and any comments received from the consultation were considered at a meeting of the Electoral Review Committee on 31 October 2023. Following this, the Polling Districts and Polling Place Order was agreed by Full Council at its meeting on Wednesday 15 November 2023.